domingo, 21 de abril de 2013

Strange Vocabulary

As I was reading a little bit more of Siddhartha I realized it had some strange words I did not know the meaning too. It was strange how I could easily read the text without understanding some of the words it contained. Below are some words I found interesting and decided to look up their meaning.

Unfathomable: (Page 28) adjective

1.
not able to be fathomedor completely understood; incomprehensible: heroism in the face of unfathomable conflict.


I chose a black hole because it is something humans have yet to understand, it is a concept that is almos impossible to grasp.


Equanimity: (Page 28) noun

1.     mental or emotional stability or composure, especially under tension or strain; calmness; equilibrium.

I chose this image because it is a women being calm under what seems to be a stressful situation.


The Illustrious One: (Page 26) adjective

1.
highly distinguished; renowned; famous: an illustrious leader.

I chose this image because it is a representation of Buddha, or the Illustrious One.




No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario