martes, 9 de abril de 2013

A Journey with Siddhartha



I have felt like Siddhartha once. Siddhartha wanted to go with the Samanas because he was not happy and he wanted to learn more. "...his intellect was not satisfied, his soul was not at peace, his heart was not still" (pg.3). He wanted to go really badly and rebelled to his father "His father left the room displeased and lay down on his bed" (pg. 7).

I wanted to go to a summer camp, but my parents didn't allow me to. I wanted to go badly and I asked my parents a thousand different ways. When I was younger, I obeyed every word my parents said. They told me to go to sleep and I would do it immediately. They told me to eat all my food and I did. Even though my parents didnt allow me to do lots of things, I wanted to go to camp badly, so I rebelled like Siddhartha did. I didn't go to sleep when my parents told me, I didn't eat everything on my plate and I didn't have a good attitude for anything I did.

My result was similar to Siddharthas because I ended up going to the camp. At first my parents didn't want me to go because they would miss me, but like Siddhartha, my parents decided to let me choose. Siddhartha ended up going just like me with his fathers approval. "You will go into the forest, he said and become a Samana. If you find bliss in the forest, come back and teach it to me" (pg.9).

I think Siddhartha was actually very nervous even though he seemed strong. "The Brahmin saw that Siddharthas knees trembeled slightly, but there was no trembling on Siddharthas face..." (pg.8). I know I was when I asked my parents for permission and they didn't let me go. I believe in standing up for what you think is right, even if it is to your parents. I think Siddhartha was a little bit more loyal to his father in this situation than I was. "Siddhartha has always obeyed his father"(pg.8). I think I am different than Siddhartha in that aspect, I am not as respectfull or determined. I was amazed by the poise in which Siddhartha handled himself with his father, he respected him and obeyed him, yet, he rebelled until his father gave in. Even though my way of handing things was identical to Siddharthas we both got the results we desired.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario