jueves, 9 de mayo de 2013

Siddhartha Dreamed What?







I was reading Siddhartha and I got a little lost throughout the book. I was not sure exactly what happened in Siddharthas dream. What I understood is Govinda turned into a women and Siddhartha drank of his breast. I want to try to interpret Siddharthas dream because I really wasn't sure what it meant.

I decided to do some research and get different perspectives on the meaning of the dream. Some people thought it meant how much Siddhartha regretted leaving Govinda with Buddha. Other people thought it meant how much Siddhartha loved Govinda and that he turning into a women showed how he would have chosen him as his partner if he where to be a women. Others believe it means how he is leaving behind a chapter of his life and beginning a new one.

"Why hast thou forsaken me?" Those where the words Govinda asked Siddhartha as he turned into a women in Siddharthas dream. I think this part shows how Siddharha regrets leaving his friend and how he missed him. It shows how he feels remorse for the decision he made. 

I personally think that is what the dream is about: regret. I think he regrets leaving his friend as well as leaving the Buddha and his teachings. I think even though he might have regrets he is doing the right thing. I believe every time you make a big decision you are always going to imagine the future as it might have been. If Siddhartha hadn't left the Buddha nor Govinda he wouldn't become what he in known for.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario