This tablet is about Gilgamesh searching for inmortality so that he does not have the same faith as Enkidu did. He also goes to the tavern keeper and demans her to let him in but she closes the door. This reminded me of the movie Percy Jackson because he also goes to the gate keeper. Even though boths encounter with the gate keeper are very different I can still find them similaritys. Both encounters are different because in Percy Jackson the gate keeper is a very old man and in Gilgamesh it is a women. I find this very interesting because Gilgamesh talks to the tavern keeper as if she was a friend but in Percy Jackson he talks to the gate keeper very seriously because the destiny of Percy saving his mother is in the gate keepers hands.
In this tablet I believe I saw a difference in Gilgamesh. At the beginning of the epic he seems to be a very strong being that could not be brought down no matter what. I saw a change is this when the tavern keeper tells him "why do you look like one who has undergone a terrible journey, why do you look like one who grieves". I saw Gilgamesh was tired, not only physically but also mentally because he lost his good friend Enkidu, he shows this by wearing the lions coat and saying "I wander the wilderness wearing the skin of a beast because I grieve for the death of Enkidu the companion". He also shows how much he misses them and how much he meant to them because he wants to greive for the death of Enkidu and try to escape the same fate Enkidu had.


No hay comentarios:
Publicar un comentario